Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What's wrong with me?

So, here I am wasting another day off. I have loads of laundry to do and even more clean laundry folded and stacked on my kitchen table. It seems to be my trend lately. I am getting things done...But not really. I used to be this amazing super-efficient person that could do five things at once and now lately I have been struggling to push start on my washing machine. What's wrong with me?
I have two theories: Theory #1 When I am at work I am doing about five hundred different things all at once. Managing the laboring woman, her family, husband, boyfriend, FOB, not to mention the baby who only speaks to me through the rhythm of its heartbeat. Making sure the labor is progressing along the time line between the physicians office visits and lunch meetings (What a joke). Not to mention actually fostering a relationship with my patient--trying to get a total stranger to bond with me so that their birth experience can be the best experience for all those involved. By the time a baby or two or three is born under my care, I am tired when I get home. That my be an understatement, I think that because that I am doing all this coordination, and care and this and that, by the time I get home and have a day off, all I can manage to do is mope around the house.
Theory #2 I think I may have a thyroid problem. (Be glad if you don't work in the medical field, there's always something wrong with you) If you ask anyone that knows me very well, it is a little out of the ordinary that I am unmotivated to do much as of late. I think I have a thyroid problem because of several reasons, some of which are very embarrassing to me. I have decreased energy, I get freezing cold all the time, I have frequent headaches, dry skin, weight changes, and the number one reason and most embarrassing.....I get facial hair!!!! YIKES. Yes it is true, I am 23 and I spend about 15 minutes a day examining my face and neck for the pesty little, dark wiry hairs that decide to pop up. I don't have a beard or anything, but it is definitely way out of the ordinary fro someone my age to be experiencing this. I am not going through menopause or anything. So, I need to make a doctors appointment, have my blood drawn and probably get an ultrasound done.
So those are my theories. I guess that is one more thing I need to do today, make an appointment. I suppose I will get around to it, as soon as I get that laundry started...

2 Comments:

Blogger sarahgrace said...

And you said you wouldn't have anything to write about... Ha ha ha. Looks like a darn good start to me, can't wait to read everyday...
love,
sarah

12:03 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

oh, great... now you've got me convinced that I've got a thyroid problem!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home