Friday, July 15, 2005

Phantom Fox

Man, I am bummed. I was sitting here thinking of a good title and I wished I had thought of it sooner. It would have been perfect for a Blog title. Oh well.
Last night I was explaining to my husband that I had started a blog. I explained how it was kind of like a therapy for my laziness because after my first posting I got this sudden urge to clean the house and get all these things done, and I actually had the energy to do it! It was like my inner competitive self was out to prove me wrong! I got so much done, I was shocked. I even vacuumed the couch and washed windows!
Well, this info prompted my husband to remember that he was a member of something similar but it is a Motor Advice club. He quickly gets on to check the Jaguar section to see if any one had benefited from his previous posted advice. The funny part of this is that all the people who post on the site, (especially if they are mechanics giving advice) make sure they have a profile on their level of expertise. Well, my husband likes to leave that portion blank just for fun. The administrator of the website, who is a ASE Master certified jaguar and Land Rover technition for 10 years keeps requesting him to provide more information on his qualifications. So my husband, the phantom Fox, just keeps answering questions about different problems with Jaguars. Everyone takes his advice too, he has received many thanks for finding the right answer. It just so happens that the administrator of the website answers several questions as well, so it seems like it has become a competition between to the two. The Phantom Fox is not necessarily enjoying himself because he his helping others, but because he is creating this illusion that he is a non certified mechanic and is answering and helping all these people much more than the highly trained Administrator. He sits at the computer typing advice and chuckling to himself giving these simple answers in few sentences and waiting for the Administrator to try and get an edge in somehow.
By the way, my husband is an ASE Gold Master certified Jaguar technition with 6 years of experience. Men are so funny. I am sure he does get enjoyment of being able to help others. That is part of who my husband is. But the part that make it a hobby, is the competition.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarahgrace said...

That's funny,about the mysteriously right, maybe uncertified mechanic giving out the best advice, but I'm not surprised. BTW, you can change your blog title if you want- I think you just have to got your template and type a new one in. And it's not too late since you probably don't have a ton of readers yet... :)
Love,
Sarah

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home