Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Theory

If you take a look and read Sarah's blog from the other day titled "When will it stop?" you will discover that our mother had an anaphalactic reaction to SOMETHING the other day. She will be finding out more this coming Monday when she visits the Allergist.
Here is my theory. During that day my mother was also extremely sick with nausea and vomiting. The only things she had to eat were peanuts, milk, peppermint tea with honey, and peanut butter with crackers. The last thing she ate was the PB and crackers. I think her reaction was to the peanuts. My reasoning is this: Peanuts are the most common human food allergy. A person can automatically become allergic to things they may not have been allergic to in the past. My mother is allergic to several different things already. My assumption is that she probably already had a slight allergy to peanuts but never enough to cause any problems. (She has a diagnosed allergy to avocados but still eats them) On this particular day her body was already fighting off some other "bug" so because her immune system was already working hard her system could not fight off the allergy, which it aloud it become full force closing her airway.
So that is my theory. I am not sure if it is truth, but at least it is scientifically based. Either way, she is fine and will be avoiding those foods till she finds out what happened. She also will be requesting an epi-pen for prevention of any further reactions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah , i Think you may be right.I will have a allergy test on Mon. to determine the cause.It is also possible that they will not find any cause,In that case I will still always have an epi pen with me at all times.I have never felt so helpless and not knowing how to help myself-ever! Praise God my throat released on its own!! ha ha Robyn has written in her E-news that I almost died :) well, I have never felt as close to dieing as I did Sun.but its gonna take alot more to pick me off.I find it interesting that I had my strange episode probably the same time Kieth had his accident,and was imobile with an atv laying on his cest. wierd huh? I love you nurse Hannah- Mom

7:11 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Sorry, didn't mean to freak everyone out. I was just a little overwhelmed by the intensity of that day and everything that was going on. And by the way, Keith is doing better as well, and is at home recovering.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home