Sunday, August 07, 2005

Interesting Day

So the other day I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone or something. The day started out with my going to the Gyno, which actually is a Nurse Practitioner. Well, as you know I wanted her to check my thyroid. She Confirmed that yes, she believe that I do have a thyroid issue, but she cannot order any test for me because my Health Insurance wont cover it unless I have a freaking referral from my Primary Care Physician. So, we'll have to be moody, and tired for a few more weeks till I can get another appointment. I already know what I need, it is so annoying that I have to pay someone else to tell me what I already know. But, the new great thing about the Gyno was that I realized how beneficial being happily married was when receiving a pap smear! Not a problem! Yeah!
On my way home I stopped to get gas and I also needed milk. So I decided that I would buy my milk for an arm and leg at the gas station. This way I wouldn't have to get out in the 100+ degree weather again. Well, to make a long story short, when I got back to my car I put the milk in the back and drove away.....Without pumping my prepaid gas! I soon realized this when I saw my gas light on and I turned the car around to find someone already parked at the pump. I approached this older gentleman and tried to describe what I had done . He looked at me like I was a crack head or something. So I tried to explain to him again that I had already paid for my gas but had drove away before pumping. Come to find out he thinks that I am a beggar asking him for twenty dollars for gas!! How embarrassing! I finally got it across to him that I wasn't and he kindly moved his truck for me.
That evening Darin and I went to our good friends reception. They had gotten married in Syria and were having a reception here for all of us that couldn't make it out! hehe. Anyway it was in their huge beautiful back yard with lights, candles, lanterns and tiki torches. After dinner we were all sitting back enjoying the cool evening (believe it or not) when I look up at the Palm tree to notice that it was on FIRE. So, without thinking I yelled "FIRE! The tree is on fire!!" It seemed like everyone was standing there not knowing what to do, including myself. Thankfully my husband hoists his bestfriend up in his hands so they can turn the propane lantern off and their other good friend (who happens to be a brain surgeon) ran and grabbed a hose and sprayed it down. What excitement! The tree is a little scarred but not to big of damage. The lesson here: don't' hang a propane lantern on the dry leaves of a plam tree, especially when the rest of the state is already on fire!
What a odd day.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarahgrace said...

In words I can clearly hear you say: "Holy Cow!" What a crazy day. Glad you were able to get your gas. I've learned from a lot of experience it is sometimes very hard to explain things to the geriatric population, and add being flustered to that- and it's even harder.
Love you,
Sarah

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha,what a funny post, so hannah, was the older gentelman around 50 somthing? he he. So about the reception, was Yibbie there?

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home