Monday, August 29, 2005

Another dose of Random

When the average time spent on my blog site changes from 3-5 minutes to barley even 2 full seconds, it shows that I have become terribly uninteresting. Actually, my life has become much more interesting and I just have been too busy sorting it out to even update my family over the phone, yet even think about posting a blog about it. It will all balance out soon enough.( I hope!)

Thyroid update: After several thousand questions, tubes of blood, and urine samples given, my diagnosis is that every thing is "normal". OK-- that's great. My thoughts to the physician: "Then why don't you (the doctor) just give me a prescription for laser hair removal so my insurance company will cover it, and while your at it you might as well put in my chart that I am crazy, loco, because I DON"T FEEL NORMAL.":)
I think that I will do some of my own stuff, like eating food rich in iodine and such, to see if that helps. Thyroid function tests can be be wrong. OH and PS..My doctor is Craig Phelps, and my insurance company listed my doctor as Russell Phelps, so my visits and labs will not be paid for. Yippe skippee.

AZEZ events: Yeah! We are rolling! It has been hectic but all the work is producing good fruit. I am still getting the hang of building quotes, faxing people, and scheduling all this stuff, but I like doing it. It is a change of pace and something different. I guess I like it because it is a new challenge and the process still needs to be perfected-- which is my kind of thing. It is great because I am in yet another situation that I get to interact with people that are looking for a good time and I get to help them out. Our first official event is on Labor day. Which is actually a "pro-bono" type of event that we are doing for the Muscular Dystrophy Association of America. It should be fun, we are glad that we are able to help them out.

Labor and Delivery: I love my job more and more every day. We are extremely busy at work because of all the folks that get romantic during the holidays. August-September are the busiest times of the year. I have had so many great experiences that it is hard to keep track. I need to just make my blog about that. I would just have to be creative in not exposing personal info about my patients.
Just a couple of neat things: I met a guy form New York that was a retired police officer that actually worked with my youth pastor, Tom. In a police force of over 3,000 NYPD, what are the chances!
I had this patient about 6 weeks ago who was so great and wonderful. She wanted to pray for me before I stared her IV. I was shocked, but so blessed to have met someone like her. At the time she did not know I was a Christian. We had a discussion bout how we pray before we go to work and her prayer was very similar to mine. We decided that me being their nurse was a God thing and we bonded very well but I did not get to delivery their baby. Last week I had another wonderful couple and after she delivered, her family came to visit. Well, her sister in law was the IV prayer lady form 6 weeks earlier. It was so exciting to see her little baby and she remembered me too. My patient at the time said that she had wondered all day if I had been her sister in law's nurse as well. She said I reminded her of the nurse her sister in law had talked about so much. It was such a blessing. I don't always remember all of my patients but I had thought about the IV prayer girl that very day and several times since then. God is so good.

Well there is a nutshell of what is going on. Hopefully soon I will have my life down to a science! hahahahahahahaaaa. I guess it would be more like I hope I will be able to pretend sanity soon here (sorry Ali...Had to borrow the saying).

1 Comments:

Blogger sarahgrace said...

I was so shocked when I peeked in on you and you had a new post, yeah! I can't believe you got to talk to someone who worked with Tom. What a small world! As far as your medical situation- you may want to research side effects and so on of the "patch"- just a thought. Maybe you already have. Well, good to read your post. Love you, Sarah
And yeah, we're all pretending sanity- that is why it is such a great title!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home