Friday, December 02, 2005

Merry Birthday Comes Early

I am a December baby. I was born the 22nd, just three days before Christmas and the question, "doesn't that suck?" always gets asked. My answer is mostly "NO" and really the main reason why is because I often get to choose to combine my gifts into one BIG gift that I wouldn't have gotten for either one.

However, the important thing is this must be MY decision and the not the decision of the gift-giver...Because then it just looks like a cop-out. (just being honest, folks)

The real point to all this is that I already got my Merry Birthday present for this year and You all wanted me to send some pictures.

FINALLY an entertainment Center!!

I really wanted to have it before Christmas, so I could decorate .....

So now that we are on the decorating topic, since most of you wont get to see my home during the Holidays, I will show you some tid-bits of my Christmas decorating.

The Nativity Scene


This was a wedding present...I thought it was such a great idea. It is all pewter and HEAVY

Of course, the Christmas Tree


We moved our table, so now the tree is in our kitchen. I actually really like it there. It is a fake tree which is still hard for me. I miss the fresh tree smell and not to mention the actual hunt to get a tree up in the mountains. Supposedly fresh trees don't last very long here in Phoenix. It is pretty warm here still.

The whole house is finally decorated. My mother in law came over to help me which was so fun. I am used to decorating with my sisters and singing the twelve days of Christmas-- opera style during the whole process. I didn't get to sing with my mother in law..(.But I did by myself later when no one was around! haha)

So now I just need to figure out what to get everyone for Christmas, which seems to be more difficult this year. But the cool thing is that I get to do it in.....

MY NEW CAR!!!


It was a surprise from my husband..Just because. Well, not really, I needed a new car and he got a good deal through the dealership he works at, so it just worked out very well for me. It is a 2001 Pontiac Bonneville. The good thing is is that its an automatic--good for city driving, it has tinted windows--good for Phoenix driving, it has room for growth---don't get excited, no kids yet.

So, that's what is new in my life. I hope the pictures will satisfy for another month or so when I get around to blogging again. In the mean time, I am always reading everyone else's!

2 Comments:

Blogger sarahgrace said...

OK so I finally made it over...And the EC looks really nice, but I have to laugh at the size of your TV compared to the space! Looks like maybe next Christmas/Birthday you should get a bid screen! The tree looks fantastic! And I thought it was too lush to be real...
Car looks nice too! Happy shopping! Love you!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the car !!! black to white .yesss Im happy for you babe.Your tree looks great not to mention the furniture,Im sure I wont recognise the place next time were down.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home